Adding new clients

Solved
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Adding new clients

Just a quick query, when adding a client into the dashboard manually how long is this data kept? I.e. if I add a client and they connect and then don't connect again for another 12 months will their defined settings be retained or do they drop off at some point? 

I have checked the below but don't see anything that clearly stands out for added client data.  https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 9.12.46 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution
RWelch
Building a reputation

If added manually it should remain until removed.  An employee that was terminated was mistakenly removed from the network and later added back manually.  We periodically see that same ex-employee pass by (BLOCKED) - and it's remained working that way over the past 3+ years. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RWelch
Building a reputation

If added manually it should remain until removed.  An employee that was terminated was mistakenly removed from the network and later added back manually.  We periodically see that same ex-employee pass by (BLOCKED) - and it's remained working that way over the past 3+ years. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you use this option you can see all clients you have manually added with a policy.

PhilipDAth_0-1728892587134.png

I don't think manually clients ever get removed.  I have seen some from a very long time ago.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thats great, thanks for the replies. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.