MDM client on iphone - app list constantnly shows UPDATE even after updating

MrHill
New here

I would have assumed that selecting update would either update the selected app, or register the fact no update is available:  and therefore remove the Update option...

Is this anyone else's experience ?

Thank you

Steve

2 Replies 2
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello,

If its a managed device and you can install apps silently on it clicking the update button will tell the device to go update this app. If it is a non managed device the user would get prompted to update the app. If the app fails to update for any reason whether the device doesn't have connection to SM, the user declined the prompt, etc if it fails for any reason the update button will remain there. You can get more information around the update status on the device details page under the activity section.
https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Updating_Managed_iOS_Apps

Knowledge is power
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@MrHill,

I get asked about this "update" feature myself. I've explained to my users that what the update actually does is checks with the App Store to verify if it is on the latest version of the app. If it is not, then it downloads the updated app. I think most people see the word update and just assume it means the app needs updated not that it's an option to check for an update which more appropriately describes the functionality. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels