How To: Display your Meraki certifications on LinkedIn

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

How To: Display your Meraki certifications on LinkedIn

We've had a couple of questions about how to display your Meraki certifications on LinkedIn. Here's the answer - you can include your CMNA, CMNO, or CMNP certification in the Licenses & certifications section on LinkedIn:

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.16.04 PM.png

To get this set up:

1. Make sure your badge is appearing on your community profile. If it's not, there are three likely causes:
    1. You signed up for the community very recently. It can take up to 5 business days after signing up before your badge appears.
    2. You took the CMNA or CMNO course very recently. It can take up to 5 business days after completing the course before your badge appears.
    3. The email address you used for CMNA or CMNO isn’t the same as your community email address. In this case, please email us at community-help@meraki.com and we'll get it sorted out!
  2. CMNO only: Find your certification number from the certificate we sent you.
  3. Log in to LinkedIn and go to your profile.
  4. From the "Add profile section" on the right, select "Recommended" and then click "Add licenses & certifications.":

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.01.32 PM.png

5. Fill in the following information:
    • Certification name: CMNO, CMNA, CMNP
    • Certification authority: Cisco Meraki
    • Dates: the month and year you received your certification; you can check the "This credential does not expire" checkbox
    • License number: N/A for CMNAs / CMNPs. For CMNOs, use the number from your certificate (e.g. 004077)
    • Certification URL: The URL of your community profile (which shows your badge)
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.07.34 PM.png

6. Save, and confirm that your certification is appearing in the "Licenses & certifications" section of your LinkedIn profile.

Also, if you want your certifications to appear on your public LinkedIn profile, you may need to adjust your privacy settings:

1. Go to the "Edit Public Profile & URL" section of your profile:

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.10.11 PM.png
  2. Confirm that "Certifications" is set to "Show":Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 12.11.19 PM.png 
Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
27 REPLIES 27
Johan2
Conversationalist

Thanks for the How To. This makes it super easy.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johan2 wrote:

Thanks for the How To. This makes it super easy.

You're welcome! Glad to hear these instructions are useful 🙂

Hi Caroline,

May I know how could i get a Meraki certification and how qualify for any free trainings please? Thank you. 🙂

@4Jonjon20 wrote:
Hi Caroline,

May I know how could i get a Meraki certification and how qualify for any free trainings please? Thank you. 🙂

Hi @4Jonjon20 - 

My apologies for the delayed response. You can learn more about our CMNO (Certified Meraki Network Operator) program here. If you are a Meraki partner, you may also be eligible for our CMNA program; you can learn more about that here.

Cheers! 

Is there a plan, sinnce CNMO is discontinued or renamed - so we can update CMNO bagde on LinkedIn to ECMS1 to be up to date?

MalayaPatro
Conversationalist

Excellent!

Malaya Patro
Tekrondo
Here to help

I'm seeing a lot of Merakis, but not the real one (the one with the green background as pictured above).

See the attached screenshots.

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.15.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.15.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.15.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.14.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.14.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-26 at 10.14.32 AM.png

Hi @Tekrondo - I think you'll have more luck if you search for "Cisco Meraki". Surprising that a search for "Meraki" isn't working though!

Try Cisco Meraki.

Thanks for this!

FelixJacomino
Here to help

I don't see my certificate number. I have received an email stating that I earned the CMNO badge but there's no mention of a certificate. Should I expect that as a separate email?

Hi Felix,

Yes, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to get your certificate number / certificate. When did you complete CMNO?

Cheers!
- Caroline

Hi Caroline!

Thanks for your response.

That must be it. It's only been a week. I passed the test last Friday.

my certificate took 5 business days.

Hi Caroline,

It's now been a tad over 3 weeks and still no certificate. I have the badge on my profile but in the instructions for posting on LinkedIn, it states "use the number from your certificate (e.g. 004077)" but I have not received anything other than notification of the badge. 

Can you assist?

@FelixJacomino wrote:

Hi Caroline,

It's now been a tad over 3 weeks and still no certificate. I have the badge on my profile but in the instructions for posting on LinkedIn, it states "use the number from your certificate (e.g. 004077)" but I have not received anything other than notification of the badge. 

Can you assist?

Hi @FelixJacomino -

Thanks for letting us know about the delay in your certificate. Can you please email the CMNO team at cmno@meraki.com? They'll be able to help you out.

Cheers!

CharlesPom
Conversationalist

Hey, Nice and easy article.

Thanks a lot
Wayner
Getting noticed

thanks for the help

Briyan_Bagas_B
Just browsing

Last week i've passed CMNA Test, and receive email from Meraki as below.

Meraki.JPG

but, still don't see anything related information of my certificate.
Could you please inform, how can I get this?

Thank you,

Hi @Briyan_Bagas_B -

Your badge here on the community should show up in a few days; you'll receive an email when it's granted! If it doesn't show up by EOD Thursday, please email community-help@meraki.com for assistance.

Cheers!

- Caroline

Do these  badge appear on the linkedin post like the badges from www.youracclaim.com do ?

bkrautner
Here to help

Hi, can we please request an update of the process? The LinkedIn pages look far different than what is provided in the instructions.

Kind regards,

Bob Krautner

bkrautner_0-1647942421169.png

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for calling this out @bkrautner! It's now up to date 🙂

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here

Hi,

Thanks for that. Still don’t see it but can try later on my desktop. 

Kind regards 

Bob Krautner 

Hi, yep, all good now. Thanks for the speedy assistance. Have a great day.

Johansen93
Comes here often

Why can’t we use credly to verify and share CMNA badges ? Use of community profile links is not so legit 

Hi @Johansen93, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you, as I am just now seeing your reply. We don't currently offer badges through Credly. Our Learning Experience team is currently evaluating our badging strategy and that may change in the future. I'll share your feedback with them! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels