Recognizing the August 2023 Members of the Month

AmyReyes
Community Manager

Check out August’s Members of the Month!

The Rising Star

The Rising Star award recognizes our top new contributor. To achieve this award, you must fulfill BOTH of the below criteria:

• Joined within the past 3 months
  • Written the most posts in that time compared to your fellow new users

This month’s Rising Star award goes to @Alexs20. Since joining the community in mid-August, @Alexs20 has amassed an impressive 36 posts and 4 kudos by asking great questions in the Switching and Wireless LAN boards and engaging in discussions with our members to get at a deeper understanding. Check out his contributions on his profile.

risingstar_planet.png

@Alexs20

Thanks for your posts @Alexs20 — we hope you'll continue to find value from participating in our community!

Everybody Wins

This award allows us to highlight the actions of a member whose recent contributions created a win for everyone involved.

This month's award goes to @AaronS for answering an old thread first opened in 2018 about an inconsistency with MS cable test results. He came across the thread while trying to figure out a result from a cable test while troubleshooting a device that wouldn't connect to the switch. @AaronS took the time to document and share the answer he received from Meraki Support in order to help anyone else who might come across the issue in the future.

win_rocket.png

@AaronS

Thanks @AaronS for taking the time to help your fellow Community members and do the right thing!

The Top Four

Here, we congratulate our top four contributors of the month, based on the number of kudos they’ve received and accepted solutions they’ve authored. This month these amazing members provided the community with an impressive 39 solutions in all and received a total of 415 kudos for their efforts. Incredible!

DarrenOC_motm.png
@DarrenOC

169 kudos

6 solutions

MOTM score: 181

philip-motm.png
@PhilipDAth

152 kudos

10 solutions

MOTM score: 172

alemabrahao motm.png
@alemabrahao

123 kudos

17 solutions

MOTM score: 157

KarstenI-MOTM2.png
@KarstenI

75 kudos

5 solutions

MOTM score: 85

(MOTM score = kudos received + 2*solutions authored)

Employee of the Month

This award allows us to highlight the actions of a Meraki employee whose contributions have made a significant impact on the community or helped our members in some way.

This month’s award goes to @GiacomoS. Giac has assisted a number of folks in the Wireless LAN and New to Meraki boards over the last month, including following up on support issues and asking more questions to delve into a detailed understanding of the problem. 

Giac_eotm.png

@GiacomoS

Thank you for your continued helpfulness to Meraki Community members!

Congratulations to all of our stellar contributors

and thanks to everyone who participated on the community in August!

If you come across a truly helpful thread, or a post that’s teeming with positivity and you’d like to nominate the author for the Everybody Wins award, you can submit your nomination here.

10 Comments
CloudStrife
Getting noticed

CongratsHeartsGIF.gifIt is time to celebrate.  Welcome friend!  🥳🍾🎈🥂💃🎈🎊🎉

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

Special congrats to @DarrenOC for achieving first place. Definitely something that doesn‘t happen each month. 😉

Great job everybody else too!

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal

Great job!

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Congratulations all, especially @Alexs20 , @AaronS and the other MoTM’s.

I’m going to be immersing myself into some serious study over the coming months whilst I chase the CCIE (EI) so I’ll try and make an appearance every once and awhile.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Cheers @CptnCrnch .  I fear I won’t be at the top for long as @PhilipDAth is again piling on the Kudos 😁

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Well done @GiacomoS.  The recognition is well deserved.  That that was a great find about the MS switch test result @AaronS .

'Well done @Alexs20 and everyone else who helped to contribute this month.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Well done everyone and special congrats to @DarrenOC for achieving the top ranking for the month and for @AaronS I saw that post recently looking for topics on cable testing results

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee

My heartiest congratulations @Alexs20 , @AaronS , @DarrenOC , @PhilipDAth , @alemabrahao , @KarstenI !

The stellar contributions each of you makes here, and how you make them, is why this Community is such a valuable place for everyone. 

I'm happy I could help some of you throughout this month, and I'll take advantage of the spotlight to send a big THANK YOU to all the Meraki Support people that take the time to respond to questions here as well.

Merakifying it all,

Giac

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Congratulation to all, well deserved!

DanielWahlsten
Getting noticed

Congrats guys 🥳