cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really? He's gone again? (UPDATE: Found!)

Community Manager

@PhilipDAth found the gnome in record time this morning (helped by a script... clever!!)

After Philip found him, I returned him to my desk. The gnome did seem a bit contrite about all the work he has created for me this week.

But then, on my way back from a meeting, where should I find him but hanging out with the Christmas decorations?!  I must say, our jolly bearded friend does fit in pretty well...

gnome-christmas.png

I decided to leave the gnome atop BB-8, since he seemed pretty happy, and clearly he's not the biggest fan of my desk. But, when I returned from lunch, he wasn't with BB-8 or anywhere else around here!

I wonder where he could be hiding this time...

If you find him here on the community, please reply to the post where he's hiding saying “I FOUND THE GNOME!” - the first to reply will get a their own Meraki gnome as a token of our appreciation for finding our small friend!

UPDATE: @Mr_IT_Guy found the gnome here! Thanks!

Terms, conditions, and eligibility info for "Gnome in the Home"

12 Comments
Community Manager

I’ve heard that Gnomes like small dogs...

Kind of a big deal

You guys had better hurry up, otherwise I'll start looking.

Kind of a big deal
Community Manager

@PhilipDAth - Nice! You can't win for a 2nd time this week, but some lucky community member may be able to find the gnome with your very excellent hint Smiley Tongue

A model citizen

@PhilipDAth, I really do try to get at least 6-7 hours of sleep.  I'm not a coffee drinker so i need to make sure I'm rested for my co workers ' sake. 

Kind of a big deal

And to help the others next time; Lithium seems to give @CarolineS gnomes an ID of 1065i3C4BB8CBCCD177B5 or 1116i52D7C042918F1BCB.  There is one other distinctive feature about the gnomes, but I'll save that in case @CarolineS makes it harder.

So to find a Gnome start by trawling the site:

wget -r --reject jpg,png,gif,css,js http://community.meraki.com 

And while it is downloading, search for the ID's:

grep -lR 1065i3C4BB8CBCCD177B5 

grep -lR 1116i52D7C042918F1BCB 

It seems to take about 10 minutes when I do it. 

Community Manager

@PhilipDAth, tomorrow I have a feeling the gnome will be good as new! 

Getting noticed

I FOUND THE GNOME!

I Hope i am not to late :-)

The Gnome is on the Post with the Small Dog in the Meraki Sock. You should give him a Meraki Skateboard so he can have a lot of fun :-) 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Off-the-Stack/Meraki-Clothes-for-Pets/m-p/3682#M66 

Community Manager

@MichelRueger - @Mr_IT_Guy already found him! But stay tuned, I think the gnome may hide in the community again tomorrow (Thurs; I'm in Pacific time) ...

Good idea to give Maui a Meraki skateboard... I wonder if his owner @Mr_IT_Guy would approve :-)

A model citizen

@CarolineS, if you have one around, I'd approve Smiley Happy

Community Manager

@Mr_IT_Guy - I don't have one on hand, but, as proven this week by my expert gnome-finding skills, I may be able to dig one up Cat Very Happy <-- I wish we had chihuahua emojis instead of just kitty ones!

A model citizen

@CarolineS OMG! I just got to the office. The skateboard is amazing! I'll make sure to get some photos tonight!