Really? He's gone again? (UPDATE: Found!)

CarolineS
Community Manager

@PhilipDAth found the gnome in record time this morning (helped by a script... clever!!)

After Philip found him, I returned him to my desk. The gnome did seem a bit contrite about all the work he has created for me this week.

But then, on my way back from a meeting, where should I find him but hanging out with the Christmas decorations?!  I must say, our jolly bearded friend does fit in pretty well...

gnome-christmas.png

I decided to leave the gnome atop BB-8, since he seemed pretty happy, and clearly he's not the biggest fan of my desk. But, when I returned from lunch, he wasn't with BB-8 or anywhere else around here!

I wonder where he could be hiding this time...

If you find him here on the community, please reply to the post where he's hiding saying “I FOUND THE GNOME!” - the first to reply will get a their own Meraki gnome as a token of our appreciation for finding our small friend!

UPDATE: @Mr_IT_Guy found the gnome here! Thanks!

Terms, conditions, and eligibility info for "Gnome in the Home"

12 Comments
CarolineS
Community Manager

I’ve heard that Gnomes like small dogs...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

You guys had better hurry up, otherwise I'll start looking.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
CarolineS
Community Manager

@PhilipDAth - Nice! You can't win for a 2nd time this week, but some lucky community member may be able to find the gnome with your very excellent hint Smiley Tongue

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

@PhilipDAth, I really do try to get at least 6-7 hours of sleep.  I'm not a coffee drinker so i need to make sure I'm rested for my co workers ' sake. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

And to help the others next time; Lithium seems to give @CarolineS gnomes an ID of 1065i3C4BB8CBCCD177B5 or 1116i52D7C042918F1BCB.  There is one other distinctive feature about the gnomes, but I'll save that in case @CarolineS makes it harder.

So to find a Gnome start by trawling the site:

wget -r --reject jpg,png,gif,css,js http://community.meraki.com 

And while it is downloading, search for the ID's:

grep -lR 1065i3C4BB8CBCCD177B5 

grep -lR 1116i52D7C042918F1BCB 

It seems to take about 10 minutes when I do it. 

CarolineS
Community Manager

@PhilipDAth, tomorrow I have a feeling the gnome will be good as new! 

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

I FOUND THE GNOME!

I Hope i am not to late 🙂

The Gnome is on the Post with the Small Dog in the Meraki Sock. You should give him a Meraki Skateboard so he can have a lot of fun 🙂 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Off-the-Stack/Meraki-Clothes-for-Pets/m-p/3682#M66 

CarolineS
Community Manager

@MichelRueger - @Mr_IT_Guy already found him! But stay tuned, I think the gnome may hide in the community again tomorrow (Thurs; I'm in Pacific time) ...

Good idea to give Maui a Meraki skateboard... I wonder if his owner @Mr_IT_Guy would approve 🙂

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

@CarolineS, if you have one around, I'd approve 🙂

CarolineS
Community Manager

@Mr_IT_Guy - I don't have one on hand, but, as proven this week by my expert gnome-finding skills, I may be able to dig one up Cat Very Happy <-- I wish we had chihuahua emojis instead of just kitty ones!

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

@CarolineS OMG! I just got to the office. The skateboard is amazing! I'll make sure to get some photos tonight!