[CONTEST CLOSED] Happy New Year! What are your Networking Resolutions?

AmyReyes
Community Manager

**UPDATE:** This contest is closed. Thanks to all who entered their 2024 networking resolutions. Let's all stay connected this year, shall we?? Last, congrats to our three randomly selected winners: @ekramer , @BlakeRichardson , and @kYutobi —warm, mod Meraki beanies are headed your way!

It's time for our annual Resolutions contest!

In last year’s Network Resolutions contest, the community resolved (among many other things) to become CMSS certified, learn to leverage Cisco APIs, and renew CCNA or CCIE certifications! The spirit of continuous learning is alive and well among our members here. 

This year, we’d love to hear how your 2023 resolutions went or what network resolutions you want to achieve in 2024! Maybe there’s a way the community can help you?

Three lucky winners will receive some fun Meraki swag!

How to enter

Tell us your Network Resolutions in a comment on this blog post before 9:59am EST on Friday, January 12th.

How to win

Once submissions close at 9:59am EST on January 12th, we select three entries at random to win a Cisco Meraki beanie.

Cisco Meraki Beanie.png

Good Luck!

The Fine Print
29 Comments
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I've been slacking a little bit on going for the 500-220 ECMS but looking into taking it soon. New Years resolution. 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

Start working on big project and replacing the current wireless infrastructure with Meraki Wireless devices .. After that will move wired infra to Meraki ones as well. 

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Considering WiFi 7 🙌

chrisf7
Conversationalist

Keep raising the bar for the security level for entire organization and implement more MFA.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Logical Network redesign for a prestigious London based University with Zero Trust as its core security principle.

Amit_pal
Getting noticed

My 2023 resolution was to compete ECMS 500-220 training and sit for exam in 2024.

First week of Jan i was able to clear  ECMS 500-220

Next few things lined up:

Build new office network which has MX250, C9300-48P,C9300X-48HX and C9164 all managed by Meraki Dashboard .

Integrate Meraki with Slack for guest wifi internet access

JoAnneK
Conversationalist

In 2024 my goal is to improve integration and security by replacing old network equipment with modern hardware that can be monitored and managed within the XDR solution I implemented in 2023.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

I have a wee bit planned this year but SIEM is a major one for me as well as the annual independent cyber security testing. Other projects are typical server / infrastructure upgrades. 

CloudStrife
Getting noticed

To bring my certification up to date.  I have been studying and feel I should be ready to sit for the exam in March.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

I will try to earn money on a different network - the blockchain.  🙂

van604
Getting noticed

planning to update the office network stack as things are coming EOL.

rivsy18
Comes here often

My New Year Resolution is to replace the old network peripherals in our office

Nathanbo
Comes here often

In 2024 it would be great if I could get 500-220 ECMS certified.

GGU
Conversationalist

For 2024 my resolution is to eradicate old wifi solutions for having only Meraki on all our site. So 150 Access-Point MR52 MR44 MR46 MR56, what a wonderful life ! Only pleasure to manage, stability and easily analyses client problems.
New year new product, I already started to deploy MS130 series to complete our switch devices. 18 new MS130-8X -12X -24X -48X -24P, our network is becoming increasingly robust.
My CCNA have to wait a little, I need more learning, but I've already got the voucher to pass it.
Happy new Meraki year !!

rwiesmann
A model citizen

In therms of IT it would be to recertify my CCIE with CE Trainings in 24 and improve my API skills.

Besides that it will be a bicycle tour through Europe and improve my Kitesurfing skills.

Happy new year and hope your whishes get truth 🌊 🚲 🙌

skoepf
Conversationalist

This Year, Meraki will my Focus together with SMB Customers. I see big potential and a big range of Solutions together with the whole Cisco Portfolio - also Security!

riles0nic
Here to help

Last year I was able to finish the 500-220 ECMS training and complete the exam to get the CMSS certification. 

The start of this year I am finishing up a new Meraki deployment at a branch site.

Always looking to learn more, this year I am pursuing the CWNA certification to get more wireless networking knowledge. 

PaulHSyd
Conversationalist

It has to be replacing all (about a dozen) of my old HP Procurves with something from the MS range. 

Brash
Kind of a big deal

From a Meraki perspective, I'm hoping to delve further into the API this year.

I've done some scripting but it's mostly been pretty basic config changes and provisioning.

It would be nice to develop and test some real automation.

ekramer
Getting noticed

I second this: one aspect of the Systems Manager I would love to have is dynamic group functionality (ie custom auto-tags).  I’d love to implement this functionality via the API, if possible. 

SSAY-AXS
Getting noticed

We wish you all a happy new year.
My network resolutions for this year are to be more connected.😀

Leinad77
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

**UPDATE:** This contest is closed. Thanks to all who entered their 2024 networking resolutions. Let's all stay connected this year, shall we?? Last, congrats to our three randomly selected winners: @ekramer , @BlakeRichardson , and @kYutobi —warm, mod Meraki beanies are headed your way!

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

😁YAY!!! Very happy for the gear.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

Congrats @ekramer , @BlakeRichardson , and @kYutobi 

ekramer
Getting noticed

Thanks! I never expected it, but will enjoy keeping warm.

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Congratulations to the winners! 🙂

Amit_pal
Getting noticed

Congratulations to the winners!

CloudStrife
Getting noticed

Congratulations to @ekramer , @BlakeRichardson , and @kYutobi on the win!  Enjoy.CongratulationsCelebrateGIF.gif

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

Thanks heaps to the community. Great contest and so many great responses and looking forward to a new beanie. 

I love it how so many are keeping up with their training and learning new skills. It's very easy to get stuck in a rut and avoid learning new skills.