[CONTEST CLOSED] Ahoy! It’s Talk Like a Pirate Day.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

PirateDay3.png

UPDATEThis contest has ended! Thanks to all ye who entered - your pirate🦜 posts have been thoroughly entertaining. Stayed to for your pirate badges! Lastly, congrats to our three randomly selected winners: @arekdreyer, @SoCalRacer, and @Wazz.

🎵It’s the most wonderful time of the yarrrrr! 🎵

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day me maties!  🏴☠️

To celebrate this very special day, we want you LAN-lubbers to describe a specific Cisco Meraki product (MS, MX, MV, etc.) in pirate-speak (the M-ARR anyone!?).

Give your Meraki product description in your most pirate-iest words in a comment on this post before 10:59am PDT September 24th and be entered to win. Comments will be public throughout the contest. Feel free to pepper in pirate terms (scurvy?), swap your You/Yours with Ye/Yers, and add ARRRG to absolutely everything. Once the contest ends, we’ll then select three winners at random to win their very own gnome-pirate!

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190918121731904_COVER.jpg

So shiver me timbers and yohoho ya old seadog! Hobble on over with yer peg-legs and swab the poop-deck! Thar be treasure awaitin’!

Ye ol’ terms & conditions

• Limit one entry per community member.
  • Submission period: Thursday, September 19th, 2019 at 11am PDT through Tuesday, September 24th, 2019 at 10:59am PDT
  • Prize will be a selection of Meraki swag with value not exceeding USD 50.00
  • Official terms, conditions, and eligibility information
29 Comments
conway
Conversationalist

Avast ye, im no old salt, but id like to tell you the tale of the finest booty in davy jone's locker. This aint no hornswaggle, Im talkin about... the dashboard. Some men say even collecting all the loot in the world would not satisfy you until you have the dashboard. I once had in my possession a whole fleet of MX68s. Every time I got a new treasure id just be three sheets in the wind. But yarrr, let me tell you i never was complete until I saw it.... the dashboard...

KeithatNexustek
Conversationalist

The M-ARR access points be the best ting to fix a signal down to Dave’s Jones Locker! 

GeorgeFrendl
Getting noticed

Ahoy me bucko! Enterprise-crew performance, managed from th' cloud fer faster deployment, simplified administration, 'n richer visibility fer ye.

mkane
Here to help
Arrrrrgh! Ahoy LANlubbers! Ye best be protecting your patch of LAN with a mighty treasure of protection. Avast mateys - no more malware, no more intrusions and ye don't need your cutlass or canon. We be using the MX-series of Meraki Routers to protect our lair from now on. Best of all, we don't need to capture it on the high seas, but rather we hornswaggle it from our local Meraki Partner. It's like rigging new sails on our Jolly Roger Ship when the high-performance difference of the MX-Series is deployed. Best of all, when we need to sneak-up on the bloody enemy, we use the built-in VPN to shroud and protect ourselves - better than hiding in a a fog or blow - I swear to all you scallywags. Best of all, if for some reason it should take a hit and sink during the license period, Meraki will commission us a new one - better than booty! Shiver me timbers - what a great day for a Yo Ho Ho when we deploy an MX! Arrgh!
RyanRupp
Comes here often

YO-HO! I be Broadband Beard, da Pirate Captain 'ere! Da MPLS Sea be filled wit Meraki Gold and riches aplenty! But beware, ye silly sea-lads, the consequences be grave when da highwaymen come for they share. So pull up a chair, and listen by shanty: Broadband Beard has ye covered when da hands outstretched ye see! 

ham737
Here to help

Ye ol' Meraki MS help yer network avoid that dastardly scurvy going around and me new MR on board stops ar foes from commandeering us into the abyss. There be treasure if ye put your peeper on the MV in that there crowsnest!  

ashelton
Conversationalist

Arr ye techie seadogs! Behold, the MX, greatest of me treasures. It battens the hatches from them rabid scallywags and spirits of mal-intent like a man-o-war! Yer feedin’ the fish without one. Arr! And ye can run the rig from any of the seven seaaas.

jonyh
Here to help

Ahoy ye net scallywags. Captain Jony o' th' good hunter here. Lets natter about guardin' yer loot. First 'n foremost, ye 'ave t' know if th' sons o' guns are in yer galleon t' begin wit'. How about whether or nah they be nigh yer loot? A pair o' MVs will fix that right up. Pair that wit' a couple o' them Mer'ki M-ARRRs 'n ye 'ave all th' wee details ye needs t' make th' decision on where t' put yer valuables. Now s'cuse me while I go get drunk on me insights.

sfalloon
Here to help

🎶 Th' admin 'n his scallywags

Stole th' MS from its cot

'n bound it in another rack

Th' seas be ours

'n by th' powers

Where we shall, we'll browse

Meraki Go, all together

Hoist th' MX high

Heave ho, MV'es 'n M-ARRs

Ne'er shall endpoints die 🎶

merakisimon
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Smiley Very Happy This thread be ARRRRRRRSOME!

Merakian
Here to help

Ahoy! Why are pirates Meraki savvy?
  -They attended the webinAAAARRRRR!!!

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

“Not all QoS is silver and gold, mate.”

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Vince
Here to help

Avast all marauders wit' 'n protect ye booty wit' th' finest treasures offered by Meraki. Protect yer WiFi connection wit' th' finest APs on th' market.  Ensure that yer domain ships don't collide wit' a top o' th' line MX router. Sail into multiple secure ports wit' a MS switch.  Come sail wit' Meraki in th' shiny network seas!

BAllen
Here to help

LAN Ho!

Ahoy there Meraaarrrrrrrki scallywags! Ye will be the cap'n of yer network when ye plug in yer new Meraaarrrrrrrki MX gear. It tis the Jolly Rodger of yer SO/HO ho environment with no arrrrrrrgument. Swab the racks of inconvenient locally managed firewalls. It will register to the Meraaarrrrrrrki cloud ye can mange it with ease. Make hackaaaaarrrss walk the plank when they try to invade yer network and come face to face with yer Meraaarrrrrrrki MX cloud managed firewall.

LeeT
New here

Avast be hearties!

Aye do be hoping, ye be battering down yer hatches, on ye WiFi. So no scurvy land lubbers or scallywags, can becoming abourd unwelcome like. Or ye be needing a keel hauling, says aye. 

mattmill
Conversationalist

Gyar!! Somebody spoofed me SSID...How can we mitigate te bad booty? Check the Air MARRRSHAL for land lubbers! Ahoy Everyone!

adyalejandro
Comes here often

Ahoy mateys!

Awast! Alert the powder monkey and everybody; what the new pirate code, it´s obtain all Meraki Booty. The old salt said me, it´s the best dashboard for networking. This is a treasure….Arrgh!, See Ya Chum!

smwosika
Just browsing

Ahoy! it been many days ago when I first saw it. A sight that there 'ad not been spied before. Ports o' poe an' built in wireless. It 'ad everythin' a man needed to make 'is ship the best connected one in the fleet. Sd-wan capabilities so it been the fastest. Built to be secure an' fight o' any enemies. The mx67w been the treasure the seven seas been waitin' fer fore'er. An' it been all mine. The map to find a treasure fer yer own be at dashboard.meraki.com.

arekdreyer
Here to help

Wrap your head around the new MV32 with V-Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Featurin' in browser dewarp 'n an immersive viewin' experience, th' new MV32 makes watchin' video fun again. Prefer t' watch less video? Motion Recap makes that a reality wit' composite images, built in camera, that summarize activity in a single thumbnail. Roundin' out th' new features be Motion Search 2.0, offerin' all o' th' benefits o' th' original wit' improved fidelity fer wee changes, 'n enhanced performance at night.

Wazz
Here to help

Whats a pirates favourite Meraki appliance?

- The new MR32 with V...RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Carnialman
Here to help

Somewhere in the seas, on a pirate vessel

- Ehyaa...someone spell me this braand!

- Here you are mr. Captain: M-E-AARRRRRRR-A-K-I

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Ahoy everyone today be th' day we all natter like our pirate ancestors. Hope everyone's enjoyin' thar Friday.

Francesca
Conversationalist

Crew,  get ready for attaking!

Arrrg!!!!! There is another striking challenge for us! 

The spoils will be the full stack of M-e-e-e-errraaaa-ki gear: MR-MS-MX-MV !!!

Meraki.png

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Ahoy, me arties, Oh-rrrr, oh-rrrr, Oh-rrrr, as some whoooo ails from Penzance, where the pirates actually ail from, and I avvv a prisninor of Meraki which used to avvvv some scallywags bootle running their ship, until my cutlass persuaded em (th)at Mertaki was the way to go and for them to make emmm uuver scoundrals walk the plank and go to see davy jones's locker was the rite option Oh-rrrr, oh-rrrr, Oh-rrrr

sooo my-ansums, the moral of eeee story, is take e cutlass and sabers to eee enamies and show emm the way to go is Meraki, or take eeee plank and end up fish food.

Remember to get eee booty give no quarter and make sure you heave ho to get emmm pieces of eight.

Scuttlebutt is where ee finds out when to batten down the hatches because the landlubbers are coming to take our system and try to steel our data, but my Meraki prisineer in Penzance has an MX he will be safe from emmm privateers from dodgey countries that want to take his pieces of eight.

So being an old seadog (I really am !!) I am off to the poop deck to raise the Jolly Roger and then get three sheets to the wind,

Avast my harties. and farewell and following sea's

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Avast ye! Our contest be comin' t' a close. Ye 'ave 'til September 24th, 10:59 am PDT t' submit yer entry. All ye who enter will earn this noble Pirate Day badge:

badge-pirate-2019.png

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'm in Mexico and met an original pirate on one of the Caribbean islands here. I talked to him and here's what he said.

"Fer years we were lookin' fer a way t' natter between th' ships. 'n then suddenly it came. It started wit' rumors about a way described in documents found in a Neptune booty. A way o' natterin' via waves, nah th' kind we know, made o' water but waves o' energy. Similar t' th' ways dolphins 'n whales natter.

Many a thin' was built based on these documents but th' consensus among landlubbers, seafogs 'n ole salts be: put a Meraki MR74 in yer crow's nest 'n let it do its voodoo magic.

Blimey, th' say that afore th' flyin' Dutchman appears its signal appears strong on th' waves shiverin' th' timbers o' many buccaneers alike."

I believed him as I noticed that on the island itself I spotted MR74s providing network access. 

Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

Just finished torrenting a key generator for Meraki virtual MXs. I have to say, the virualized MX works very nicely!

|    |    |
             )_)  )_)  )_)
            )___))___))___)\
           )____)____)_____)\\
         _____|____|____|____\\\__
---------\                   /---------
  ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^      ^^^^     ^^^    ^^
         ^^^^      ^^^

__  __   ___         __.....__                           .     .--. 
|  |/  `.'   `.   .-''         '.                       .'|     |__| 
|   .-.  .-.   ' /     .-''"'-.  `. .-,.--.           .'  |     .--. 
|  |  |  |  |  |/     /________\   \|  .-. |    __   <    |     |  | 
|  |  |  |  |  ||                  || |  | | .:--.'.  |   | ____|  | 
|  |  |  |  |  |\    .-------------'| |  | |/ |   \ | |   | \ .'|  | 
|  |  |  |  |  | \    '-.____...---.| |  '- `" __ | | |   |/  . |  | 
|__|  |__|  |__|  `.             .' | |      .'.''| | |    /\  \|__| 
                    `''-...... -'   | |     / /   | |_|   |  \  \    
                                    |_|     \ \._,\ '/'    \  \  \   
                                             `--'  `"'------'  '---' 

(before anyone goes crazy and bans/reports me, you never said what kind of pirate...)

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Rig yer MV in thar crowsnest or walk the plank!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

UPDATEThis contest has ended! Thanks to all ye who entered - your pirate🦜 posts have been thoroughly entertaining. Stayed to for your pirate badges! Lastly, congrats to our three randomly selected winners: @arekdreyer, @SoCalRacer, and @Wazz.