Announcing the May 2018 Members of the Month

CarolineS
Community Manager

Congratulations to our May 2018 Members of the Month! Thank you for your many contributions!

May 2018 Meraki Community Members of the Month

motm-02.png
@PhilipDAth

129 kudos

motm-mrcur.png
@MRCUR

29 kudos

motm-03.png
@Mr_IT_Guy

28 kudos

Adam.png
@Adam

28 kudos

For the 9th straight month, @PhilipDAth leads the pack — congratulations, Philip! Congratulations also to @MRCUR @Mr_IT_Guy, and @Adam for repeat MOTM appearances (and welcome back, @Mr_IT_Guy! We have missed you and @Maui_Meraki_Dog.)

As always, thank you to EVERYONE who participated in May. Our little community now has over 16,000 total pieces of content, including 2,600 topics!

Featured Meraki Community Member - Adam Richter

Adam.pngThis month, I had a few questions for @Adam, a four-time MOTM who just yesterday joined @PhilipDAth and @MRCUR at the community's highest rank - Kind of a Big Deal. With over 500 posts and almost 200 kudos, he certainly is a big deal around here!

Adam is an IT Manager at Transwest, where he manages an environment of over 1,100 employees in 26 buildings throughout multiple states and Canada. He holds a Masters degree in Managing Information Systems from the University of South Florida and he has worked in the IT industry for over 20 years. Adam maintains multiple industry certifications (CISSP, CISM, CCNP, and ITILv3) and has worked in both the public and private sectors. During one of his previous roles, Adam worked as Digital Forensic Examiner where he performed computer forensic investigations and testified as an expert witness. In his personal life, Adam is married with children and regularly trains Jiu Jitsu.

Tell us a bit about your experience with MerakiAdam's "warehouse" of Meraki equipment, just waiting to be installed!Adam's "warehouse" of Meraki equipment, just waiting to be installed!

We've been using Meraki products for around 5 years. We started with the MDM product and occasionally used some Z1's. When our AP platform came up for renewal, we evaluated a bunch of solutions an ultimately settled on Meraki APs (>100). At that point, we'd become confident in the Meraki product and refreshed our switches (>50) and then ultimately our Firewalls (>20). Now we are rolling cameras out to some of our sites. We've got about 100 of them in production.

Any particular Meraki product / feature that you’re particularly fond of or couldn’t live without?

There isn't a particular Meraki product that we couldn't live without. We just thrive on the ease of management and visibility. Candidly, we don't have time to babysit our network equipment. We just need it to work.

How does the community help you in your day-to-day work?

The community helps me stay on top of new features and also helps me troubleshoot existing quirks. I think being a member of the community is an essential part of being a Meraki user.

Thanks, Adam!

10 Comments
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Thanks everyone.  Awesome community we have here with a lot of talent that I learn from on a daily basis. 

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

Happy to be back and participating on the forums. Congrats to the other MOTMs and thanks to everyone who participates on the forums and helping the Meraki knowledge bank grow. 

@CarolineS, it's getting a bit warm here.  My IT Director wants to know if you have anything to keep beverages frosty?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

@Adam I'm really impressed.  It sounds like you have an awesome job.

And thank you to the community for the ongoing recognition of my efforts.

CarolineS
Community Manager

@Mr_IT_Guy - your request is noted! 🍻

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Congrats latest MOTM's!

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

A new box of swag has arrived, this time with a Meraki penny board! Perfect transportation for the MS & MV mascots. Thanks @CarolineS!

Meraki penny boardMeraki penny board

CarolineS
Community Manager
AStoddard
Getting noticed

Congrats to all!

Looks like I need a few more items in my Meraki "to be deployed" stack to catch up with @Adam but at least they are working on their tan!

IMG_20180607_123536.jpg

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Yay, I got my skateboard today.  Thanks @CarolineS.  Lets just say it's lucky we have universal medical cover in NZ (as opposed to the USA).

IMG_20180608_161045.jpg

Adam
Kind of a big deal

My daughter (field engineer) giving it a try.

IMG_0456.jpg