Wireless Point to Multipoint

Solved
rodeddie
Here to help

Wireless Point to Multipoint

Hi,

I have a site presently using Ubiquiti GBE Plus as a point to point, but they are interested in adding an additional building. Which MR can one use for a Point to Multipoint solution? Looking at the MR86 or CW9163E

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

You know you won't be able to use Mesh between Ubiquity and Meraki right?

I would personally go with the MR86.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

both MR86 and CW9163E could be used in a point-to-multipoint setup, but it would depend on the specific requirements of your network and the environment in which they will be deployed.

Can you give more information?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

rodeddie_0-1719934867966.png

Presently the Ubiquiti AP's are connected to the blue building, the idea is to connect both building as shown.

You know you won't be able to use Mesh between Ubiquity and Meraki right?

I would personally go with the MR86.

I'm replacing Ubiquiti for Meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels