WLAN-Guest and WLAN-Company Devices customer requirements

Solved
Jonathan_Galvez
Here to help

WLAN-Guest and WLAN-Company Devices customer requirements

Hi Team,

just made a telco with a customer and they through me some questions, which I couldn't answer, hope you can help me 🙂

WLAN-Guest.

If we use Ambassador Accounts:

What happen with the user, when the authorized time is expired? Will the automatic deleted or remain in Meraki as a User with the same username/psw until the Ambassador authorized the account again?

WLAN-Company devices:

They do not want to use PSK and only allow company devices to use WLAN. They do not have RADIUS Server and Group Policy manual change is also not an option. Is there any posibility maybe with certificates/Active Directory/ Azure...that only company devices are allowed to use WLAN?

Many thanks and regards,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For the Guest network, users will not be deleted but will be deactivated.

For the corporate network there are several possibilities, the most common is 802.1x, but in those cases you need a Radius server and the same goes for 802.1x with a certificate, you will still need a Radius server.

Another possibility is 802.1x but using Meraki's own base, of course you will have to register users in the dashboard.

You can easily find more explanations on the Meraki documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Access_Control

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For the Guest network, users will not be deleted but will be deactivated.

For the corporate network there are several possibilities, the most common is 802.1x, but in those cases you need a Radius server and the same goes for 802.1x with a certificate, you will still need a Radius server.

Another possibility is 802.1x but using Meraki's own base, of course you will have to register users in the dashboard.

You can easily find more explanations on the Meraki documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Access_Control

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels