Update Multiple SSID in a batch

Solved
JPaul
Here to help

Update Multiple SSID in a batch

We have been tasked with creating an SSID for all networks so all sites can utilise the same SSID for corporate and guest but as we roughly 70 sites we wondered if there was an easy way to use an API to create the SSID's AND PSK and keep it disabled so we can enable through a schedule?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You already mention the API, and using the API would be the way to go. Now you only have to define what is an easy way.

I would think about the following:

1. Iterate over all networks with "getNetworkWirelessSsids" to find an ID that is free for all networks. But perhaps you already know this from the previous config.
  2. iterate through all networks with "updateNetworkWirelessSsid" and configure the new SSID. The API-call also has an input to disable the SSID as wanted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You already mention the API, and using the API would be the way to go. Now you only have to define what is an easy way.

I would think about the following:

1. Iterate over all networks with "getNetworkWirelessSsids" to find an ID that is free for all networks. But perhaps you already know this from the previous config.
  2. iterate through all networks with "updateNetworkWirelessSsid" and configure the new SSID. The API-call also has an input to disable the SSID as wanted.

Thank you very much I will try this

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels