Unable to blink or restart AP from meraki cloud

Knowledge_gainr
Comes here often

Unable to blink or restart AP from meraki cloud

Dear Team,

We have huge network of MR 36 and MR 44 AP's but we are facing AP hanging issues.

Like unable to blink AP LED or restart it from meraki cloud also having splash page issue.

Thanks in advance,

RohanP......

14 Replies 14
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the AP online on the dashboard?

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

@alemabrahao

Yes, it is online.

In this case, I believe that only support will help you.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
rwiesmann
A model citizen

You could try to powercycle the Switchport (and with that the AP), where the AP is connected...if you have meraki switches...that should be easy.

If it does not work...I would also proceed with a support case.

hope that helps

roger

No, we Dont have meraki switches.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Knowledge_gainr , sounds like some form of miscommunication from the devices to the cloud.  Are you seeing any blocks/drops on your upstream firewall?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

No,there was no blocks/drops on your upstream firewall.

Block on firewall means?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running a current stable firmware or better?

Knowledge_gainr
Comes here often

Yes, We are running on 30.5 firmware.

Knowledge_gainr
Comes here often

Can i get meraki dns ip address?

Meraki doesn't have an AP DNS address per se, this information comes from your upstream gateway/DHCP server or you have it hard coded, in which case you should already know it. For Meraki anything to talk to the cloud the following must be met:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo...

CFStevens
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Knowledge_gainr

I would advise navigating to Wireless > Monitor > Access Points > [SELECT AP]

Once on the AP status page, check and make sure that the CONFIG section on the bottom left of the dashboard says that is up to date. 

Dear  CFStevens,

It's up to date of version 30.6.

Hey @Knowledge_gainr

Thank you for those details!

If that is the case, a factory reset followed by a re-test may be in order. If that still fails, then I would advise giving the Meraki Support team a call so we can investigate the issue while someone is on site to make sure everything is in order. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels