This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN instead of using config VLAN issue

Solved
Keith_Li
Comes here often

This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN instead of using config VLAN issue

Dear All, 

I have a question would like to seek for help, i receiving the following in meraki SW - "this device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN113 instead of using config VLAN1"  and i want the SW mgmt IP using the IP segment of vlan 113 without having this wanrning, what do i do ? and below are the configuration, just wonder if i need to change the port 24 to trunk native vlan113 allowed vlan 113 ? any help would be appreicated 

SW port 1 - 22 are in trunk native vlan 113 allowed vlan 113, 213-214

vlan113 router connecting to SW port 24 - with trunk native vlan 1 allowed vlan 1, 113 

vlan 213 & 214 router connecting to SW port 23 with trunk native vlan 1 allowed vlan 1, 213 - 214 

vlan 113    < - ssid internal 

vlan 213 - 214    < ssid guest & guest2  

Piaakit

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you need to change the native VLAN to 113.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you need to change the native VLAN to 113.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

its weird that in the previous site, i used the following and its doesnt prompt with this warning, but this time it does 

native 1 allowed vlan 1, 113 

Actually it's not, it's expected behavior.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can choose a management vlan at

Configure > Switch Settings

When it matches your switch configered management vlan the warning will go away

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels