TP-Link 300mbps Wi-Fi range extender query with Meraki AP's

phelimmc
Here to help

TP-Link 300mbps Wi-Fi range extender query with Meraki AP's

Hi,

Has anyone any experience using the TP-Link 300mbps Wi-Fi range extender with Meraki access points? are they compatible and if they are do they work? 

Thanks

3 Replies 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer to your question, but I address this "problem" differently:

• If wireless is needed somewhere, use an ethernet cable to bring an AP to that location.
  • If there is no way to put an ethernet cable to the location, consider directional antennas.
  • If an AP or directional antennas are not possible, use the build in meshing technology of the APs and also  consider a dedicated bridge link
  • If all above is not possible, tell the customer that for sure range extenders / repeaters and so on can be used, but he has to agree to have bad wifi.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tried this with a different vendor of access point and had constant drop outs, I ended up hardwiring in the end as it just wasn't reliable. 

Agus
Getting noticed

Hi,

I never use extender connect to meraki access point, i think its better to pulling new cable to the other access point, as i experience using extender it decrease performance if lot of device connect in the same time.

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.