Struggling to add the MR70 to the dashboard

Koko
Conversationalist

Struggling to add the MR70 to the dashboard

Hi 

I am trying to add an MR70-HW under a network on the dashboard. The AP has a physical connection to a Meraki switch on port 47 setup as a trunk. I see that the AP is drawing power via PoE on the switch and via CDP I can also see the AP. I also decided to run a capture and I am seeing the AP having a session with google (8.8.8.8 ICMP). However, it has been hours now waiting for the AP to be online on the dashboard. Does anyone know of what the problem can be here. Your help is much appreciated.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure the AP received an IP? Can you access the AP's local status page?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Koko
Conversationalist

Unfortunately, I am not next to the AP. Yes, I can see the AP IP on the switch port where the AP is connecting. In a capture I see the AP generating ICMP traffic to 8.8.8.8 and see also the response

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A couple of things:

- Ensure that the AP's MGMT vlan is set as native on the port

- look at the connected clients on the port to see if the AP has an IP address.

- try connecting to the AP's local status page to verify it's current state

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

Finally, I have encountered occasional s where despite the network being setup and the AP pulling config and being solid green or blue LED, it continues to show as never connected in the dashboard. In those scenarios a combo of factory reset and deleting and re-adding to network usually resolved the issue.

Koko
Conversationalist

- The APs MGMT has the native vlan set

- The AP does get a private DHCP IP

- I cannot to the local AP page as I am not next to the AP

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Did you also claim the AP in the dashboard?

Koko
Conversationalist

Yes I have claimed it and placed it under the network in question

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels