Spot Frequency

Soumarya
Conversationalist

Spot Frequency

Hi,

I am new to RF and was reading about chirp generation. I found a term called "Spot Frequency". Can somebody please explain the terminology?

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi,

In the context of RF, a "Spot Frequency" refers to a specific frequency point in the spectrum. It's like a 'spot' on the frequency axis where you want to extract or focus on the network data.

For instance, if you're analyzing network data and you want to extract information at a single frequency point, say 2.4GHz, you can create a new network object with just that single frequency point. This is often done during the analysis phase when you might want to focus on a narrow range of frequencies, or even a spot frequency, that is relevant to the circuit operation.

In essence, a spot frequency allows you to zoom in on a specific point in the frequency spectrum for detailed analysis or manipulation. It's a useful concept in RF systems, particularly when dealing with complex datasets and trying to understand specific behaviors or characteristics at certain frequencies.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I am designing a Local Oscillator in S band with the requirement of 50 spot frequencies. So does this mean that I have to define 50 frequencies in the spectrum of the LO?

where did you read about this?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels