Set Up Google TV on a Meraki WLAN

KSVSachsen
Comes here often

Set Up Google TV on a Meraki WLAN

Hi,

we are using Meraki MR-32 and 33 behidn MX-84 to provide some WLANs with. I'm not possible to get a Google TV 4K Working. When it joins the WLAN it says that  it has no connection to the internet. 

Can someone, who has a working google tv, proivde me the correct settings/rules. 

best regards 

Robert

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tested connecting another device to the same WLAN to validate that it is not a network configuration problem?

What type of authentication are you using. Do you have any firewall rule that could be blocking the communication?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Sander
Here to help

Yeah check DHCP config, DNS server and FW settings (in wifi part and in MX part), it looks like your wifi connects but your IP traffic gets blocked. Does this SSID work for other devices. What authentication do you use on the SSID?

TBHPTL
A model citizen

Google TV or a Google Chromecast with Google TV... Also Android can only have one connection active at time if it has an Ethernet port unplug it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels