SSID pane -> Enable VLAN tagging on network with one VLAN?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

SSID pane -> Enable VLAN tagging on network with one VLAN?

Hello!

I know this is not suggested, but I am doing a residential installation where my client is going to just have one VLAN set to VLAN 1. 

In the SSID settings, there is a dropdown for "Use VLAN Tagging". I have another installation where that dropdown is simply set to "Dont use VLAN tagging" and everything works fine. Again, one VLAN set to VLAN 1. 

My question is - is it functionally equivalent to say "Dont use VLAN Tagging" or "Use VLAN Tagging" and then set it to 1?

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In case the ap connect a switchport set to trunk with native and allowed  vlan 1.

Then yes.

Maybe not all switch  vendors like it this way.

I would still use "dont use vlan tagging" only for the native vlan or when the ap is connected  to a access port.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels