Printer not working connected to Meraki AP SSID

PJB
Here to help

Printer not working connected to Meraki AP SSID

Hi there,

I have created a test network. Essentially, 1 SSID (10.10.10.0/24) I have only a laptop and a printer connected via the AP. So Wirelessly connected to the same SSID and I cannot print anything. I have tried pinging the printer from laptop and no joy. I have all relevant drivers connected etc. I used my phone as a hotspot and connected both and all worked as expected. Any help much appreciated. My full kit is..Meraki MX to Switch to AP. Nothing crazy just 1 vlan created for the Test SSID and trunked all the way from MX to AP.
Any help much appreciated

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
PJB
Here to help

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply. I can see L2Lan isolation is not enabled (Which is correct?) and no deny rule in place. Any other suggestions much appreciated

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you please share the SSID configuration with us?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PJB
Here to help

Still having the issue. Also from the dashboard I can ping the printer from all other SSID's Vlans I set up, which I dont want, especially the test guest SSID. I have attached all relevant information. Hope you can shed some light on this.FW & Traffic Shaping SSID.PNGSSID info 2.PNGSSID info 1.PNG

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Quick question, are both printer and device receiving IP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Hi there,

Yes both printer and device are receiving IP. I can ping them both from Meraki dashboard from all vlans. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version are you running? Have you tried with a different firmware version?

There is no special setting to enable, so if it doesn't work with a different firmware version, my suggestion is to open a support case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels