Office move help

py2o3434
Conversationalist

Office move help

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to networking and we have an office move where the networking person just left the company. I need to help move 1 Meraki MS120-8LP 3x Meraki MS120-48LP switches . Is it just as easy as assining the new IP addresses to the Meraki or do I need to do some configuring before our office move? Could someone help provide some guidance or refer me to some documentation to review?

Thank you

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Its impossible to say exactly with the level of information provided.

If your internal networking scheme and design is remaining unchanged, you can simply move the devices and connect them up as they were before.

They should reach the cloud as normal via the internet exit at the new location.

If your internal network/IP addressing is changing, you will need to do a lot more work to prepare the configuration changes for the Meraki dashboard and updating the management up of each device from the local status page. 

If you are completely unsure, it may be worth engaging a partner/consultant to assist.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are new and not sure what to do I would suggest getting a service provider in to help. If you don't know what your doing and its critical equipment and you put your hand up you could end up digging yourself a big hole. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you hire a specialized professional.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
py2o3434
Conversationalist

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the best way forward is going with a service provider.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels