New MR 30.7.1 stable release candidate: client balancing, RADSec and VLAN override fixes.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MR 30.7.1 stable release candidate: client balancing, RADSec and VLAN override fixes.

Wireless firmware versions MR 30.7.1 changelog

Important note

Legacy product notice

• When configured for this version, MR12, MR16, MR18, MR24, MR26, MR32, MR34, MR62, MR66, and MR72 will run MR 26.8.3

Bug fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • Client balancing rejects clients when the 9th or 10th SSID is enabled
  • AP instability when RADSec is enabled (Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 APs)
  • VLAN override fails on SSIDs configured to use VLAN ID tagging

Known issues

• Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 and Wi-Fi 6 APs)
6 Replies 6
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the 4 new fixes considered as known issues in older firmware such as MR30.7 ? Absolutely not.  Sigh.

RO
Conversationalist

Yup they were not in the known issues. I came to know of client balancing issue after I experienced it and called Meraki support

Currently having Radius SSO issue at the moment in my environment. Won't surprise me, if it's also known issue in version 30.7 

Mloraditch
A model citizen

I'm just grateful the fix is out. I've had new SSIDs staged in the 9/10 slots for a few months and during testing got caught up in the bug. We have yet to actually make live the new setup and now I won't have to redeploy everything.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

But my point still stands. Meraki was aware of the issue , worked on the issue without ever disclosing the issue. I don't understand what are they gaining by doing so.

Karl_Jacobsen
Getting noticed

Soooo, how long does it take for a firmware to go from "Stable release candidate" to "Stable"?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The more people who use it, the quicker it moves!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels