Meraki MR46 local status page access

Solved
Mike05
Getting noticed

Meraki MR46 local status page access

Hi to all,

Just want to ask if it's possible to access Meraki AP local status page via wired?

I'm using poe injector so that I can connect directly using a laptop but currently unable to access.

Tried to statically assign IP in my laptop and access 10.128.128.126 and 10.128.128.128 but not working.

For now I can only access it via wireless by connecting to broadcasted "meraki-scanning".

Regards,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution
Purroy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No, LSP is enabled by default from factory.  This is important in case you need to access it in order to establish cloud connectivity in the first install.  

If the MR has never connected to the cloud it will broadcast a Meraki Setup SSID that can be joined to get to the LSP.

Once the MR connects to the cloud if the LSP is disabled in its Dashboard Network then you wont be able to access it until you re-enable it or perform a factory reset.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Mike05 , you should be able to access the AP admin page via the local LAN.  However, this may be restricted via the Org/Network administrator 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The option to enable/disable the local status page is available in the dashboard under Network-wide > General > Device configuration

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC ,

Thank you for the response.

The APs(MR46) are brand new so it's not yet registered in the Dashboard. So I'm wondering if it's possible.

Regards,

Mike

Purroy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No, LSP is enabled by default from factory.  This is important in case you need to access it in order to establish cloud connectivity in the first install.  

If the MR has never connected to the cloud it will broadcast a Meraki Setup SSID that can be joined to get to the LSP.

Once the MR connects to the cloud if the LSP is disabled in its Dashboard Network then you wont be able to access it until you re-enable it or perform a factory reset.

Mike05
Getting noticed

Hi @Purroy ,

This is noted.

Thank you for your time for explaining about this inquiry.

Regards,

Mike

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels