Wi-Fi Android vs iPad login

Solved
gcarmich
Getting noticed

Wi-Fi Android vs iPad login

I can log into my Meraki network with hidden SSID on my android device but not my iPad using same passphrase.  Android encryption is listed as WPA2/WPA3-Personal. IPad is just WPA2/WPA3.  IPad looks like it is about to connect then says "password incorrect". If I change encryption type, it say incorrect security.  Why would iPad not be able to connect when Android can?

1 Accepted Solution
gcarmich
Getting noticed

I turned off Private in the Wi-Fi setup and it started working but I'm not sure that was the issue.  I ran into login issues using iPad on another network so I contacted Apple.  During troubleshooting the iPad connected - no explanation why.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you can encryption to WPA2 only does it work?

Also what model of iPad and what version os iOS

WPA2 alone is not an option on the iPad.  IPadiOS 17.2 on iPad Air (4th generation).

Perhaps "Private Wi-Fi Address" enablement is a problem for Meraki?

I meant set the encryption on the Meraki side of things to be WPA2 only not on the device end. 

Ok.  I checked and it is set to WPA2 only in Meraki Dashboard

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried resetting the network settings on the iPad?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Not yet.  I will try that today when I am on-site.

gcarmich
Getting noticed

I turned off Private in the Wi-Fi setup and it started working but I'm not sure that was the issue.  I ran into login issues using iPad on another network so I contacted Apple.  During troubleshooting the iPad connected - no explanation why.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels