Meraki MR updates concerns

AYEN
Here to help

Meraki MR updates concerns

Hi, 

I have a client that has MR, they have issue on upgrade. On the Firmware upgrade the stable release is 30.7 but after finished the upgrade the latest version is 30.6. how come the latest version comes with that? And what will happen if they still decline the upgrade firmware even in the latest firmware version.

Thank you

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AYEN if the upgrade was auto scheduled a couple of weeks ago then it would have upgraded to 30.6 as that was the latest stable at the time.  If the upgrade was done manually then the person selects which version to go to.  Below are the versions currently available on one of my networks:

cmr_0-1720777315232.png

AYEN
Here to help

Hi @cmr ,

We tried to reschedule and decline the latest version of firmware. my question is what will happened if we always decline or reschedule the firmware upgrade going to stable version? Is there will be forcing event on upgrading the version coming from meraki dashboard itself?

Thank you

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A little while after each time a new stable version (or other if the network is configured to try betas) is released, it will be pushed out and you can then decline or reschedule.  You can also get Meraki support to lock the AP to the version requested.  However, why are you trying to do this?

AYEN
Here to help

Hi @cmr ,

Ah I see, anyway thank you for the information regarding upgrade. Then for your question why our client do that, because they have own standard with regards upgrading firmware, they always want behind -2 on the latest firmware.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Quick question, what is the MR model? Have you opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi @alemabrahao 

The AP model was MR56, and we already have open case regarding this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels