MR46E for warehouse

Radha0545
Here to help

MR46E for warehouse

Hi there,

could someone help me with meraki MR model for a warehouse which is 48metersx26meters in area and has shelves around 10mts to 20mts high. I believe MR46E would be good choice but need some suggestion. 

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5
marce1000
Getting noticed

- Besides finding a model  ; a wireless site survey should be considered mandatory ; you may also find this thread informative : https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless/Warehouse-Dilemna/m-p/44068

M.

Thank you but i'm looking for some rough estimated APs needed for this warehouse. And its not possible for me to do site survey as i'm remote and theres no onsite IT at the moment at that warehouse. 

- If you are not able to organize , plan or schedule a wireless site survey then that must be considered a fatal showstopper , 

M.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

+1 @marce1000 the site survey is the key.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to guess, then play safe by putting an AP with a narrow patch antenna at both ends of each aisle.  You likely won't need that many, but only a survey can confirm that as mentioned above.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels