MR Device Issues

TaufikNurhuda
Just browsing

MR Device Issues

Hi everyone, 

I Had an issue with MR device. The MR device goes to offline. After Hard reset connection back to online, but there are some issues. 

- The AP can't setup static IP even I have changes to static but on the status IP doesn't change and keep (Via DHCP) when i edit the ip setting configuration already with static. 

- User can connect to SSID but not get ip dhcp (DCHP Not Respon) whereas test connection to from AP to DHCP Server was successfull. 

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you configure a management ip on the native vlan?   Then leave the vlan field blank

Thanks for advise, on meraki dashboard, static ip for the AP  I set blank on native vlan and it's work. the AP can change with (statically managed) ip. 

For the DHCP issue i'm on the Test 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>The AP can't setup static IP even I have changes to static but on the status IP doesn't change and keep (Via DHCP) 

This happens when the AP is unable to talk to the Meraki cloud using the static IP.  Rather than going ofline, it changes over to using DHCP.

If you have an upstream firewall see if the traffic is being allowed.  You could also try putting the same config on a notebook and verifying that it can access the Internet ok.

On Meraki Dashboard can be reach when I do ping Test to the AP and from meraki dashboard it's can be reach to the IP DHCP server. but when client connect it doesn't get the IP. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels