MR CW9162I in repeater mode

Abdullah_Pracha
Comes here often

MR CW9162I in repeater mode

Hey All,

My MR AP(CW916I) device switched to repeater mode. I rebooted it, but it remained in repeater mode. I replaced it with an identical MR, which worked fine on the same port. I then tested the original MR on another port in the network closet, but it still wasn't working and stayed in repeater mode. The next day, the new MR I had replaced switched to repeater mode, while the old one obtained an IP address and started working.
Does anyone ever got a same issue?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In most cases it is because the Access point did not receive an IP.

If you have already changed the cable and port on the switch, it is likely a hardware problem, so I suggest you open a support case for them to investigate.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I did opened a case, but they asked to do the layer1 stuff first which I did.
If this is a hardware issue then why the new one switched to repeater mode? and the older one started working.

So you have a network problem that you must identify.

For example, how is your DHCP scope? Have you already checked this?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A troubleshooting step for these types of problems is also to factory reset the device. Often, it starts to work again after that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels