MR 31.1.1 firmware features

jbright
A model citizen

MR 31.1.1 firmware features

With the release of the MR 31.1.1 beta firmware, I see a couple of new features and one missing feature that I thought would be in this version.

The first new feature is the option to support Assa Abloy Door Locks (https://www.assaabloy.com/pl/en/solutions/products/digital-access-solutions/aperio)

It looks like you have to make a choice between BLE, ESL, MQTT and Door Lock support,

door locks.jpg

The second new feature is in the radio profiles and you can now choose between 802.11ax and 802.11be support for AP models that support it. 802.11be is WiFi7, so I think Cisco just revealed that new AP models are not too far away from being released, maybe at a certain large Cisco conference in a few weeks?

wifi7.jpg

The feature that I thought would be in this version but is still not there is AFC support for 6 GHz standard power.

So let the speculation begin on WiFi7.

4 Replies 4
TyShawn
A model citizen

Interesting.. I am up for new APs, I hope they do reveal the new models as I will be at Live.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Good catch but the Assa Abloy was listed in the change logs

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@jbright in the release, AFC support is a known issue.  I think the CW9163E is the only model with the built in GNSS receiver and one of mine just has an error about missing height information, the other is inside and doesn't complain...

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

No mention of the MR36H kernel panic reboot or the DNS issue. Disappointing.

BHC Resorts IT Department
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels