IPSK User Identification

Solved
Fabian1
Getting noticed

IPSK User Identification

Hi everyone,

we are using IPSK without radius and wondering, if there is a possibility to identify which device is using which key.

Every user gets unique keys and when they are calling for help, it is sometime not that easy to find the device on dashboard. 

It would be easier to filter on the psk they are using, to identify the device.

Am I missing that feature or is that somewhere hidden?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Go to the Network-Wide Clients page, that lists all the clients seen in your network. On the right hand side of list, there should be a Gear-icon, where you can select columns to view. Select the "iPSK Name" column, and you should be albe to see what iPSK the client is using.

rhbirkelund_0-1717403088257.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I dont think any user should ever tell a password/key to someone, especially not on a phone call.

You can search on top of the dashboard on client name or mac address etc

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Go to the Network-Wide Clients page, that lists all the clients seen in your network. On the right hand side of list, there should be a Gear-icon, where you can select columns to view. Select the "iPSK Name" column, and you should be albe to see what iPSK the client is using.

rhbirkelund_0-1717403088257.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

that is exactly what i was looking for!

Thank you!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels