Outdoor AP RF profile changes?

saundersrpg
Comes here often

Outdoor AP RF profile changes?

Im going to have an MR76 to be deployed indoor given the characteristics of the site for a customer. Is there a way to override the outdoor RF profile, or change it to indoor to use all the indoor channels?

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can create a new RF profile and replace the default one, but I don't know if it will work the way you want.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/RF_Profiles

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Already created new RF profile, even after applying it does not let me change to othe channel indoor other than the ones we can use indoor and outdoor. Meaning cannot use channels from UNII1 or UNII2

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to contact support. i think they need to enable that

saundersrpg
Comes here often

ok, will do, thx

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It definitely can be done; I had it done when testing an external AP indoors that didn't work with the outdoor profile, but I am not sure if it can be done outside testing for an issue.  It would be good to know if it can, so please post what you get!

As I said, I believe it will not work for regulatory reasons (your regulatory domain).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Purroy
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can open a support case so they can enable that use case in your network.  But then you are responsible to set properly which MR76s are indoor and which ones are outdoor.  By default dashboard assumes that all of the outdoor access points are installed in outdoors.

OK, noted on that. Many thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels