How to see wireless clients connected to specific SSIDs.

jvanscoyk
New here

How to see wireless clients connected to specific SSIDs.

I am trying to display wireless clients that are connected to a specific SSID in a network in the dashboard.

I need to generate a report so that IT services in that area can find the devices and move them to another SSID.

I am not seeing the ability to display those clients though I may be overlooking something.

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

behind clients it says: all

You can change that to filter on ssid

1112.png

I see no filter capabilities on SSID.

I can add a Recent SSID column to the display but I am unable to filter on just an SSID.Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 10.51.47 AM.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Higher on the page: 

RaphaelL_0-1697481484572.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like ww said or if you want an Org overview you can go to Organization -> Summary report and select your time range and your SSID and you will get a nice report that is  IT management frendly 🙂 

RaphaelL_0-1697477081022.png

but you won't have client details ( MAC , name , IP and so on  )

This has very useful information on it though if I export it to Excel, all I get is the number of clients connected to each SSID. Not useful at all for what I need. I apologize if I am missing something but this is useless for what I need. The tabs on the excel spreadsheet do not tell you what SSID the clients are connected to. I don't understand how this is not something I'd want to filter on.The filter works on the dashboard but not when you export to excel.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That page is named Summary report, it is only reporting the usage / utilization of your SSIDs. You won't get client details ( which client was connected to X AP or Y SSID ) , you will need to go to the network as shown by ww

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.