How to configure 6Ghz radio

Solved
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How to configure 6Ghz radio

I am playing with a CW9164I 6E AP at the moment (and are located in New Zealand).

I can't see any options in Wireless Profiles to configure the 6Ghz radio.  Does anyone else with a 6E AP see an option to configure the extra radio?

PhilipDAth_0-1677184098321.png

1 Accepted Solution
yujiterada
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

They still shouldn't be available in NZ as it should be similar with AUS. Cisco as a whole (not just Meraki) is still working on compliance for 6GHz in AUS and the completion date is targeted around July.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Are you running R29 firmware?

Looking at the release notes, CW9162 isn't supported until 29.5.1, and there's no mention of 9164 or 9166 earlier. But there's added support for 9164 in 28.7.1. So if you're on R29 train, perhaps try to roll back to R28?

I have yet to have the pleasure of playing around with the new APs, so I wouldn't know. I'm just guessing here. 😕

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

I'm running 29.5.1, after upgrading from 28.7.1.

I'm having a play before I start selling them.

Seems like a valid reason. I'm atleast having my reservations on Merakified Catalyst hardware, based on experiences from the MS390. I know, there's been lots of water under the bridge since, but still...

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Same.  I am very nervous about these new 9k APs.  Same reason - prior MS390 problems.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth you have to change the profile from the default of dual 5GHz to 5+6.

Do you not see the below?

Screenshot_20230223_231247_Chrome.jpg

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't get an option of "Fixed Radio Selection".  I think I'll open a support case.

yujiterada
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

They still shouldn't be available in NZ as it should be similar with AUS. Cisco as a whole (not just Meraki) is still working on compliance for 6GHz in AUS and the completion date is targeted around July.

That will be the issue.  Thanks for the update.

You can "cheat" and set your country for something else. Like I had to do in the beginning when our regulation was actually in place, but Meraki was behind with support. 🙂

Regarding the talk about 9K series AP, I have not seen anything "bad" on these in Meraki or Cisco mode (except for some false DFS that I know is being worked on , at least there is a Cisco BugID for it , and a "soon to be released" fixed software).

WB
Building a reputation

I'm in this boat too in Aus, patiently waiting for whatever regulation they need to go through so I can play!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels