Has anyone seen issues with social media images not loading on specific SSIDS

ssnaugher
Here to help

Has anyone seen issues with social media images not loading on specific SSIDS

Hello - we have a small network that has 3 separate SSIDs with associated VLANS assigned to them.  On 2 of those SSIDS, we get users that complain that not all of their social media images/videos do not load while connected to the wireless.  If they disconnect from the wireless and connect over cellular, the images load fine. The third SSID does not see the same.  I have looked in all of the content filtering, VLAN settings, and SSID settings and am not seeing anything that I would think would affect this.  To add more weirdness to this, it will load some of the images in their social feeds but after they start scrolling, the images won't load.  

I'm sure its a setting somewhere but I can't for the life of me find anything.

Thanks in advance!!

8 Replies 8
ssnaugher
Here to help

Might also add that there is a 24 port MS switch connecting all APs, and and Meraki MX65 at the egress.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check this one 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Troubleshooting_Page_For...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

I thought about that but since one of the SSIDs/VLANs works without any issue and it flows through the same policies thats what's got me thinking its something in the SSID configuration

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like an issue with the MX and filtering rather than a wireless issue. What content filtering rules do you have in place? 

Pretty limited on the MX content filtering - just malware, spam, and spyware

ssnaugher_0-1687535167940.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have precisely one customer with an MX64W experiencing this issue with WhatsApp.  I think it was on an iPad.

Annoyingly, 99% of the users don't have the issue on the same network.  We haven't been able to figure it out.

It does seem to be limited to IOS devices.  MacBooks are fine on the same SSID but the IOS devices seem to be pretty consistently having the issue.

decassuncao
Here to help

Got no issues with iOS and Android devices.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels