Customer does not connect to SSID PSK WPA2 authentication

Solved
Pelegrini
Comes here often

Customer does not connect to SSID PSK WPA2 authentication

Hi, everyone.

So, I have a client who does not connect to any SSID with PSK WPA2 configured, the message on his device is ready connected without internet, but when I leave authentication open it connects normally, has anyone faced this issue?

Xiome 8 lite device, latest version of Android.

If anyone has something similar, please share it.

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is my bet.  One of these two it is not compatible with.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your failure description is inconsistent. But based on your post I assume that it is connected but any of the next needed steps are not working.

Wireless Health in the dashboard can give you some hints. Look especially at: DHCP and DNS.

Hi, Karstenl how are you?

The device's behavior is strange, I created an open SSID with the same vlan as the SSID with PSK, I think it's not a dhcp problem, but I'm suspicious that the problem is on the customer's device, android is on version 12, and It was the last update it had.

Thanks.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Xiaomi 8 lite with android 15? Is he using a custom rom with bad wifi support maybe?

Pelegrini
Comes here often

Hello, WW.

android is on version 12.

I just asked him to enable developer mode, to try to connect to the network, but without success, I suspect it's a problem with the device, I've already asked him to perform a network and factory reset, but to no avail, only this client has the problem = /

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have 802.11r and w disabled?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is my bet.  One of these two it is not compatible with.

Pelegrini
Comes here often

Hi, so I created a login on the GUEST network for him to log in via the portal and that was it.

I've already closed the case.

But thanks for everyone's help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels