Can Third party BLE devices be connected to Meraki APs by ble , such as the light switch panel

Solved
network_CH_man
Just browsing

Can Third party BLE devices be connected to Meraki APs by ble , such as the light switch panel

I hope to remotely control the office lighting by light switch panel which is connected to meraki ap with ble

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You cannot pair devices over Bluetooth to Meraki APs.

The BLE Radio is used for scanning & beaconing in addition to Meraki MT sensor communications. For more info, see: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Low_Energy_(BLE)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You cannot pair devices over Bluetooth to Meraki APs.

The BLE Radio is used for scanning & beaconing in addition to Meraki MT sensor communications. For more info, see: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Low_Energy_(BLE)

Thank you very much for your response. I want to implement this feature: when someone enters the meeting room, the lights and air conditioning will be automatically turned on. Can this feature be achieved using Cisco or Meraki APs and sensors? I have read the documents that Cisco APs support container or docker, so can the function rules run on the APs without the cloud?

Sorry looks like the end bracket wasn't included in the URL, try this: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).

Regarding your use case, this isn't something supported. Meraki does not sell a motion sensor (except for the MT20 which is a door sensor) and Meraki APs do not support Docker/containers. 

-                                The link you posted leads to :

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

BLE is restricted and for good reason, IOT devices are becoming huge targets for cyber criminals. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels