Any experiences with MR57 ?

Solved
redsector
Head in the Cloud

Any experiences with MR57 ?

Hello, I need to equip an 3 floor office building, replacing old Cisco classic controller based accesspoints, with new Meraki MR accesspoints (about 15 devices).  Because I don´t want to install "old" hardware (it should keep for 10 years) but also not new hardware with many bugs... I am thinking to install the new MR57 to be safe for future requirements. The question is: is there any expericence with that WiFi 6E standard? bugs in the MR software? Is it running smooth with existing (not WiFi 6E) devices, roaming? or future hardware obstacles?

thank you 

1 Accepted Solution
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

That's a tough call.  Sometimes first release of new tech has some challenges and you may not want to be an early adopter.  10 years is really long in terms of wireless tech.  It depends on your risk tolerance ultimately, I guess.  

You might do some research to see what chipset MR57 is using and setup a Google alert about it to stay on top of any progress or issues that unfold in the coming months.  That could help inform a solid decision and I think I am going to do that now 😉

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The MR57 doesn't ship until April. Not sure how many folks here are going to have hands on it unless they were in the private beta program.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

That's a tough call.  Sometimes first release of new tech has some challenges and you may not want to be an early adopter.  10 years is really long in terms of wireless tech.  It depends on your risk tolerance ultimately, I guess.  

You might do some research to see what chipset MR57 is using and setup a Google alert about it to stay on top of any progress or issues that unfold in the coming months.  That could help inform a solid decision and I think I am going to do that now 😉

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Thank you. i will keep an eye on it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels