Air Marshal taking a nap?

BradSp
Here to help

Air Marshal taking a nap?

Anybody else seeing their Air Marshal not picking up on anything for ~12 hours (Last seen)? I have a vendor in doing training involving his own AP and SSID, and I wanted to see if Air Marshal picked it up. Lo & behold, nothing new (not even the usual suspects in our busy business / industrial area) in the last 12 hours. This is Organization wide across 4 Networks.

3 Replies 3
Tony-Sydney-AU
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @BradSp ,

Thanks for bringing this up.

I checked my own lab at home and Air Marshal is showing my neighbours. I've never seen 12hs delay to update the dashboard.

Perhaps you can benefit more if you open a Support case.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
BradSp
Here to help

Thank Tony...yeah, I did open a Case and got the expected 1st Level 'We see SSIDs in your Air Marshal' response. Yeah, It's working now, but for ~12 hours it didn't see a damn thing. Air Marshal has slipped to, at best, unreliable in my book.Notice the gap between 9hrs and 20hrsNotice the gap between 9hrs and 20hrs

Hi @BradSp 

Thanks for updating us and sharing your screenshot. I'm sorry to hear that the Network Support Engineer didn't fully understand the problem you reported.

IMHO, this looks to be a dashboard delay. If the dashboard showed a different neighbour AP list and column "Last Seen" have less than 12 hours at the moment you called Support; then there might be a dashboard delay worthy investigating.

Please, send a feedback using the "Give Feedback" at the bottom right-hand corner of your Dashboard. Recommend informing the support case number as well. 

Once you report this dashboard delay behaviour using the "Give Feedback" bubble, our Internal Team will process your feedback and work on it.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels