MG Firmware Notes

SOLVED
NJNetworkGuy100
Getting noticed

MG Firmware Notes

Is there a place that Meraki posts documentation about MG firmware updates?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not quite yet.  Current version is 1.9 and there are not yet SRC or Beta versions of MG firmware.  Fairly soon I'd expect to see MG release notes exposed for the different firmware versions in the same fashion as you see for other products under Organization > Firmware Upgrades.  If there were specific firmware-related questions please reach out to Meraki Support or your local Meraki team to address prior to release notes becoming visible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

If you have the device in your inventory, it 'should' show up under Org>Firmware Upgrades

From there you can click the version and see release notes.

I don't have one so I can't see it on my dashboard.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In addition. You have to go and find the device at the " all networks"  tab. Its not in the overview  yet. 

>If you have the device in your inventory, it 'should' show up under Org>Firmware Upgrades

MG is so new it is not like the other products.  It doesn't show up under firmware upgrades.  You can't select a firm to use or to upgrade them.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not quite yet.  Current version is 1.9 and there are not yet SRC or Beta versions of MG firmware.  Fairly soon I'd expect to see MG release notes exposed for the different firmware versions in the same fashion as you see for other products under Organization > Firmware Upgrades.  If there were specific firmware-related questions please reach out to Meraki Support or your local Meraki team to address prior to release notes becoming visible.

Pulkit_Mittal
Getting noticed

Hi @NJNetworkGuy100,

Unfortunately, the only way is via dashboard.

Sharing link to best practices and process adopted by Meraki, https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

Hope you find this useful!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.