Warehouse WIFI

Adoos
Building a reputation

Warehouse WIFI

We have a new warehouse being built and your only option is the ceiling/roof mounting access points.

Assuming we use the MR72 are there flexible dipole antennas for these?

5 Replies 5
redsector
Head in the Cloud

We are using MR46E with flexible antennas for warehouse.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As mentioned the MR46E is a good choice for warehouses. I have a number of customers that use them in high ceiling environments.

The MR72 went end of sale 5 years ago. Also, while you could use a modern outdoor AP inside a warehouse keep in mind it has different external antenna options and also the outdoor APs only carry a 1 year warranty vs. lifetime on the indoor models.

Adoos
Building a reputation

My only concern was the temperature requirements of a warehouse in Summer. Not sure indoor APs would be suitable. 

Here are the MR46E environmental specs from the data sheet.  No customers I have worked with have had a problem in a temperature controlled warehouse.

• Operating temperature: 32 °F to 122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C) 
  • Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing 
michael_g
Here to help

Another post provided a handy antenna chart for Meraki branded antennas that you might find helpful:
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Meraki-Supported-Antenna-Chart/m-p/128264

If ceiling height is especially tall, using omni-directional antennas (like dipoles) can be problematic though especially if there is lots of high racking, at least in my experience.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels