Radar event pattern detected across 2 channels

Luis1980
Comes here often

Radar event pattern detected across 2 channels

Hello, has anyone had this issue before? 

Luis1980_0-1647641272494.png

I have tried changing the Radio settings to different channels and the issue persists.

Luis1980_1-1647641536555.png

9 REPLIES 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you search this forum you will see that it has been going on for a long time, bit was only recently flagged on the dashboard.  Previously it was hidden in the event logs.  We have about 4-5 APs that have shown similar in the last 2-3 weeks.

Luis1980
Comes here often

This is the first time I see this in my network, so is there any solution for this? or is this some sort of bug?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could disable the use of those  channels in the rf profile.

Make_IT_Simple
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This document explains why you received that alert:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/Dynamic_Frequency_Selection_(DFS)

As WW said, you could stop using DFS channels.

Exclude Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS)

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Location_Analytics/Meraki_Auto_RF%3A__W...)

WB
Building a reputation

Just note that removing all DFS channels severely limits the number of channels you have available to use. For example with a standard 40 MHz chan. width 5GHz SSID you are only left with 4 channels available (Aus reg domain).

As long as the MRs are carrying out the required DFS event alerting and actions (i.e. moving itself off to another channel) you can still use DFS channels. Definitely don't use any channels specifically blocked off for weather/doppler radars however!

pjc
A model citizen

Is this highlighting on the main dashboard a new feature in the latest firmware ?  I am aware that these events were already recorded in the event log, but since we upgraded to the latest version 28.6.1 am seeing them 'alerting'

A bit over the top I think having it on the front page under 'alerting', we all know that it's best to use all of the channels including the DFS ones, and that occasionally a air ambulance might fly over the building in the middle of the night (and the ap automatically moves to a non dfs channel)

Be good to be able to switch off this...

WB
Building a reputation

They've been rolling out the Alert feature as a beta in Meraki Dashboard for a while, potentially the new alerts like the DFS one have come about in conjunction with v28.x?

I don't mind the alerting itself but I'd love an instant 'dismiss' button!

pjc
A model citizen

Yes, a dismiss button is what we need !

WB
Building a reputation

I've just lodged a feedback for it.. will see if it ever eventuates I guess!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels