Question related to Splashpage Login

SOLVED
RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

Question related to Splashpage Login

I want to adjust settings on the splash page in such a way that the guests should be able to login just by giving their E-Mail adress and without any sponsor giving them prior access to the Wifi network. Is it not possible with Meraki?

Second Question is can the guests only login with domains that we want to be allowed to login? Can it not be for all domains open? We do not want this security feature for the use case we are implementing this.

I think the sponsored guest registration is a bit user-unfriendly, because you have to enter two mail addresses: Once your own but also the address of the "sponsor". This address would have to be communicated to the user beforehand, which I think is very inconvenient.
In the next step, the sponsor must also manually release the access. This is not possible in our case as we are trying to provide here public wifi to whoever who wants to use the Internet.

Is there also an access variant where the user only has to enter his own mail address? That's how it usually works with (semi-)public access points, such as hotels, etc.

Your advice and support in this regard will be very helpful for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I don't think you can do this with only included dashboard options, but I feel fairly certain a third party splash page provider could do this.  It must be fairly common for retail marketing type applications.  Browse here to see what is available: https://apps.meraki.io 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

@Phi-L  Could you give me your 2 cents here and support like always 😄

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I don't think you can do this with only included dashboard options, but I feel fairly certain a third party splash page provider could do this.  It must be fairly common for retail marketing type applications.  Browse here to see what is available: https://apps.meraki.io 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For the first question the answer is yes: You can enable self-registration:

alemabrahao_1-1666183123715.png

For the second Is not, you can't specify the domains that you want alow.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels