No name SSID sent by Meraki AP

SOLVED
rwiesmann
A model citizen

No name SSID sent by Meraki AP

Hi,

just noticed today that my mr32 to sends out an additional ssid with no name.

rwiesmann_1-1582665741533.png

The only ssid which i have configured is the Net-Impact with WPA2.

Can someone tell me why i see an additional ssid with no name and WEP?

many thanks

roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

6 REPLIES 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://nolanwifi.com/2017/02/06/merakis-mesh-mess/

You can turn off mesh @ Network-wide > general

rwiesmann
A model citizen

That's it! Thanks a lot

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Strong recommend to reboot your APs again after you disable meshing. I disabled meshing across a couple hundred APs on a few dozen networks a few weeks ago, and about 2-3% (ish) woke up and wouldn't let devices associate reliably.

After rebooting the grumpy APs, they were fine.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

It's been my experience that when you enable/disable MESHING, it automatically reboots the AP each time. Tested this on several occasions. However I have ran into a few issues with AP's not responding as well, which is why I setup my weekly AP reboots. In code 24.X, disabling MESHING was a VERY bad idea lol. It wasn't until 25.X that they fixed it so that it wouldn't cause issues (however a few still sneek in every once in a while, but it also might just be general bug and not related, who can really tell these days).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nash
Kind of a big deal

@NolanHerring wrote:
It's been my experience that when you enable/disable MESHING, it automatically reboots the AP each time. Tested this on several occasions. However I have ran into a few issues with AP's not responding as well, which is why I setup my weekly AP reboots. In code 24.X, disabling MESHING was a VERY bad idea lol. It wasn't until 25.X that they fixed it so that it wouldn't cause issues (however a few still sneek in every once in a while, but it also might just be general bug and not related, who can really tell these days).

I had the APs reboot when I disabled meshing, but then a small handful wouldn't let devices associate. Had to reboot that handful a second time. 

Richard_W
A model citizen

So advantages of Meshing: are there any?

I think it is on by default. Any input from the wise, and Meraki Employees?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels