Mixing MR36 MR46 & MR56 models

MajorTom
Conversationalist

Mixing MR36 MR46 & MR56 models

Hi All, 

Due to budget constraints has anyone tried mixing these models with much success?

I can see how placement using different models could be advantages I'm just not able to set up a lab environment realistically.  

I'd like to leverage a design using different models if there's a possibility that the end result would be good and we could save money. 

Thanks, 

MR

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At least they are all Wifi-6 devices. I can't see any issue, use the highier tier AP's for the highest density areas is what I would do. Running different models is not really any different than running a mixture of indoor and outdoor access points. I very much doubt end users will notice any difference. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the featureset is the same you should be fine.  Maybe avoid salt and pepper designs if possible.

Jayt
Here to help

Running 36 & 46's at different locations. Some offices have a 46 for a conf room then a 36 for the hallways or recpt areas. Also have the outdoor 76 at a few locations with 36's inside. Haven't had any problems in the year they have been deployed.

Agus
Getting noticed

Hi,

interest with this using MR46, we will have plan to implementation MR46 at small office about 7x7 m, and will try  using this device, as your experience its better place on ceil or on wall to get better performance (throughput) and also how tall you install this device.

Thank you 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels