Merkai splash page with (PSK) question

SOLVED
Keith_Li
Comes here often

Merkai splash page with (PSK) question

Dear All, 

I have recently created an ssid "wifi-guest" with splash page (PSK), when i use my iphone to connect wifi-guest and credential popup in seperate page rather than inserting psk password in the splash landing page, is that normal ? 

Keith 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firstly, the configuration you want to do does not exist, the splash page will ask for another credential and password and not the PSK. and yes if you are using Click-through it is expected behavior (Users must view and acknowledge your splash page before being allowed on the network).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you configure psk at security or at splash page?

I Never seen the option to use a psk in a splash page.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no option for authenticating a PSK on the splash page itself.

You can use PSK for authentication and show a splash page afterwards.

If you want to authenticate on the splash page, you need to use either sponsored guest login or "sign on with..." and selecting an authentication provider.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Firstly, the configuration you want to do does not exist, the splash page will ask for another credential and password and not the PSK. and yes if you are using Click-through it is expected behavior (Users must view and acknowledge your splash page before being allowed on the network).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

yes i'm using the Click-through splash page, after entering the password and then acknowledge page appear and check the accept button to process to internet, so that is normal step ? 

Yep, It is.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

thanks all for your help 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels