Meraki AP auth error

Solved
SLT-Meraki
Conversationalist

Meraki AP auth error

Kindly inform us what will be the main reason of following authentication errors of meraki AP's connection logs. I'm using MR33 APs.

1.Client failed during the authentication step.(reason='reserved' radio='0' vap='0' channel='11' rssi='47)

2.reason='eapol_timeout' radio='0' vap='0' channel='11' rssi='45'

1 Accepted Solution
Malbeck
Here to help

The same thing is happening to us and others in the community, and I was told that Meraki confirmed an issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I think #1 can be just a wrong password saved or someone trying passwords or just a failure due to something happening mid authentication like walking away or closing laptop, etc.  #2 I think is related and is indicating the 4 way handshake for authentication failed possibly for the same type of reasons.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Malbeck
Here to help

The same thing is happening to us and others in the community, and I was told that Meraki confirmed an issue.

jrhop
Getting noticed

We are seeing some similar random failures on some APs and devices recently, did Meraki say what MR software version was affected? We are running MR33s and MR28.5, upgraded a few months ago.

Meraki Confirmed an issue and the solution could be?

I have users experiencing this error with the a PSK.  The password is entered correctly.  

MR42s running MR 28.6.1

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels