MR46E Reset Button?

Solved
RH777
New here

MR46E Reset Button?

I need to do a factory reset on a MR46E on a warehouse ceiling.  Where is the reset button?  is it the little black hole on one side of the ethernet port?  It's big enough for a paperclip to go into.

1 Accepted Solution
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RH777 : This is for you 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RH777 : This is for you 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa...

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks! I assumed that little hole to the left of the ethernet port was the reset button so I put it in there and was able to get the lights to cycle.  However, the AP is still not connecting to the dashboard.  I opened a ticket with Meraki on that.

MR46E-Reset_Button.jpg

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you press +/- 30 seconds to make sure. 

The documentation I found said 5 seconds, but I did more like 10 seconds.  I'll try it again in a bit.  It's in a busy warehouse so I have to get someone to attach a platform to a forklift and lift me up there.  It's always the ones that are hardest to reach that give all the problems. LOL.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it cannot  connect the cloud and the factory reset worked  you should see some ssid "Meraki Setup" or Meraki-Scanning."  You can connect that to get access to the local status page for some more information.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RH777 : rightly said by @ww , press it for 30 sec.

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Documentation is not up to date, but yes thats it

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Unknown-14.jpegUse a paperclip and push the reset button for about 15 seconds.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels