Hello. I have updated my MR42 to its latest version 29.5.1. After creating my RF profile, I have decided to limit the BW of my clients connected to the SSID HOME to 5Mbps. When performing the tests on this limit, the result was not what was expected and it did not restrict the traffic as configured. After several tests I have noticed that this feature only works on the first configured SSID, in this case it is the one called Paseo Colon. Has this happened to anyone else?
How did you test it?
from a mobile, connected to the AP, with a speed test tool.
Have you got speed burst enabled for that setting on the SSID?
Not for this test, because the speed burst generates speed spikes higher than the limit applied in the traffic shaping.
Which limit have you set, this one?
the first time, 2 Mbps. then 5 Mbps
Have you opened a support case?
As we have more than one SSID with limited bw, and it worked both, it cant be a gerneral problem. First is limited to 5 with speed burst, second to 10mbps with speed burst. Both comes to the limit, afer the burst is gone.
That is incorrect. If you follow the message thread, you will see that the first time, the limit was applied to the HOME SSID and it didn't work. Then I applied it on the first Paseo-Colon SSID, and on this one it did work, while on the HOME SSID it still doesn't work, even though it is applied. I left the speedburst checked, to carry out other tests, after it worked on the SSID of PASEO-COLON, not before.
You misunderstood me. it's not a general problem, we could use in our environment three different bw limits on 3 ssid and it work.
OK, this is what doesn't work. It does allow to set it on different SSIDs, but it only works on the first one.