Email from Twillio?

GregFuchs
Conversationalist

Email from Twillio?

We use Twillio for the SMS authentication. This is all we use Twillio for.

Received an email today from Twillio with the following:

Register your 10DLC numbers to avoid unregistered fees: Deadline December 15, 2022

Effective December 15, 2022, Twilio will require low-volume senders using U.S. 10DLC numbers to register their brand and their use case (“campaign”) for each phone number. Messages sent after December 15, 2022 on unregistered phone numbers will incur additional per-message carrier fees, and may be subject to filtering or blocking. 

Messages from unregistered numbers may be filtered or blocked. You will also be charged fees for any traffic, even low volume traffic, sent with an unregistered 10DLC number starting December 15, 2022.

Anyone else get this ?

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you contacted Twillio?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GregFuchs
Conversationalist

Not so far.  Reading the info on their website, previously for just 1 number you used the "Starter Brand" but now you must register your business.

I think it will be better to ask them.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Agree, better to speak to them, Meraki is simply allowing you to use them as a provider any changes Twillio make are nothing to do with Meraki. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This sounds like it might be something to do with a regulatory change in the US.

https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260803225669-Message-throughput-MPS-and-Trust-Scores-f... 

GregFuchs
Conversationalist

Thanks for the link. Interesting I am just now hearing about this from Twillio. The article says existing starter brands need to meet the new guidelines by Nov 3 2022.  Now they are saying Dec 15. Hopefully anyone using the Twillio authentication for their wireless isn't surprised Dec 15. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels