Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had some fun today when we had an SSID that could not access multiple resources.  It turned out that when we created it, we had forgotten to allow traffic to the LAN.  If you see trace routes failing on the first hop at 10.128.128.128 then this is the cause!

Go to WirelessFirewall & traffic shaping and make sure the below is set if you see this problem:

cmr_0-1681768322172.png

1 Accepted Solution
thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

I think the "deny" has been default on the first SSID created for quite a while, but yeah, it creates problems, and is not really documented anywhere.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
NPL_Jeffrey
Here to help

Thank you CMR. Your tip was very helpful. I decided that I did not want to open my entire LAN by selecting "Allow" so I was able to create a new rule on this menu to allow traffic to just a specific IP address that our guests need access to. I am so happy it worked!

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

I think the "deny" has been default on the first SSID created for quite a while, but yeah, it creates problems, and is not really documented anywhere.

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Thanks @cmr your post saved me yesterday quite some troubleshooting time! Thanks!

PatrickBorn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@cmr, thanks for posting this. 

Maybe these 2 docs, related to 10.128.128.128 where an access point running in NAT-mode uses this address may help others in the future: 

PatrickBorn_0-1709156969045.png

Maurice_K
New here

Hi guys,

I tried the above but we're still experiencing this. To note it's only for new users trying to join Wi-Fi. The hops are still dropping at 10.128.128.128.

Any more ideas where to check?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels